- Low Cost
- Radiation Hardened (optional)
- Dual Manipulating Arm Capability
- Highly Robust
- Extensive Operating Time (sustainability)
- Reconfigurable Plug & Play Tool Kit
- Operator Friendly
- Air & Land Transportable Using Existing Military Equipment
- EOD/IED Defeat
- 4 kW Generator NATO Power Plot
- Small Size
- Zero Turn Radius
The ACER platform is further demonstration of Mesa’s ability to capture the results of operational field testing of robotic platforms and incorporate design changes to facilitate a higher performing quality product.
Under a U.S. Army Program Definition and Risk Reduction (PDRR) contract to develop a Robotic Combat Support System (RCSS), Mesa participated in a series of rigorous tests at the Yuma Proving Grounds (YPG) in late 2002.
In anticipation of Phase ll of the RCSS effort and delivery of 200 units, Mesa invested in making design improvements that greatly enhanced the RCSS systems operational capabilities. The improvements included improved mobility and stability, increased operational control range, and lower system cost.